The Revolutionary War in Nine Questions
1. Conflict between England and the Colonies was nothing new. Why will it boil over into war in 1776?
2. ON July 4, 1776, Thomas Jefferson will author the Declaration of Independance. What was the purpose of the document?
3. "These are the times that try men's souls." The words of Thomas Paine accurately describe the early battles. Explain.
4. Turning Points are essential to studying any war or battle. Describe the significance of Saratoga.
5. Although they began winning battles, the Colonists were far from winning the war. What obstacles remained?
6. Support on the home front in necessary in any war. Describe life in the colonies during the Revolution.
7. It helps to have friends in high places. What role did Europe play in helping the colonies?
8. How did the tide finally turn at Yorktown. Describe using strengths and weaknesses of both sides.
9. What issues or questions did the revolution address and which were left unanswered?